Hitting the gym like crazy to achieve that astounding muscle growth?
When it comes to completing one’s fitness goals, a person (especially military and SWAT) faces two distinct challenges: workout and diet. One is only half the battle; you won’t succeed by attempting to train out of a bad diet.
Regardless the amount of time and effort you put into maintaining one of these tow variables, if you ignore the other, you will only be rewarded with frustration rather than success.
We will put our focus on your diet here! You want to look better and feel stronger you say? Read on, and we’ll explain how protein (that’s right!) changes the WHOLE game in fitness!
Athlete or non-athlete, you probably know that protein helps make your body better and stronger! And where can you get it? From food, of course!
Seafood, white meat, eggs, beans, cheese, steak, salmon…. the list goes on and on!
There are lots of high-protein foods that are readily available for you and the hundreds of thousands of people looking to beef strengthen their bodies. But if you’re looking for a more convenient and efficient way to recover your body post workout, then protein supplements are the perfect solution!
Don’t get us wrong! We know you may have the impression that ONLY bodybuilders and hardcore athletes are the ones using these recovery formulas! That is not true at all.
What is a Recovery Protien?
You may already have heard of this. But we’ll give you a basic definition to refresh your memory!
A RECOVERY Protein usually comes in a flavored powder form. It is made to provide additional, quickly absorbed dietary protein when food is not available to your muscles or body. It can treated as a meal replacement and typically comes from animal and plant sources such as beef, rice, milk, pea, or hemp.
Imagine getting all your body’s post-workout protein needs in a single dose. That’s about it, in a nutshell!
FOOD VS. PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS
A question we hear a little too often regarding supplements is whether it is better than eating high-protein foods. Our answer: yes, and no. Of course, there are advantages and disadvantages to anything. And we took the liberty to list it down just for you!
High-Protein Foods For Muscle Growth
- Food proteins supply amino acids, known as the “building blocks,” that optimizes micronutrients, provides the fuel for growth, health, and proper functioning of the body
- Contains vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and heart-healthy fats often not found in protein supplements
- Used to develop, grow, and maintain all parts of the body, from the skin and hair to immune system antibodies
- Less expensive than protein supplements
- Planning and preparation may consume too much of your time, compared to merely mixing a powder into a shake
- Food you consume usually is available to your muscles only 2-3 hours after consumption. This is way too long post workout and your muscles will be broken down in other parts of your body to heal what you've worked out. This is known as PROTEIN CATABOLISM. This is a big deal!
- With absorption rates too slow post workout, you'll crave fast absorbable calories like carbohydrates and likely cheat on your diet. You'll also tend to overeat or be hungrier.
Recovery Protein for Optimal Fitness Results
- Provides complete proteins containing all essential amino acids needed by the body
- Typically low carbohydrate and low sugar
- Offers convenience with its “on-the-go” consumption; readily prepared smoothies and shakes and you can consume immediately post workout
- Serves as a tool to track the daily intake of protein without calculating the protein content of different foods
- Best served after a workout because it quickly begins the healing of micro tears (tears in the muscle tissue during exercise) in the muscles.
- As opposed to whole food, a great RECOVERY PROTEIN DRINK will be almost immediately available to your muscles and STOPS PROTEIN CATABOLISM in it's tracks. It will fuel your muscles, joints and ligaments, as well as give you energy for 2-3 hours until your first Post Workout Meal is available to your body.
- You'll have less delayed muscular soreness if you dose a recovery protein immediately post workout.
- More expensive compared to buying high-protein foods
- Lacks other nutrients that are naturally found in high-protein diets (example: Yogurt also provides calcium, and whole wheat gives vitamin B)
- Not monitored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration so there may be impurities in the product
- Can result in high exposure to heavy metals due to the cross-contamination when it is manufactured. This is typically found in more processed forms of protein drinks.
You can decide what option to try and choose. After all, you already know the benefits of protein powder and food.
What’s the best protein supplement on the market? No worries! We’ll get to that real quick!
Best for Any Type of Diet
We get it, you’re training your body, and you want to be better and stronger! What if there’s a protein powder that makes for a quicker recovery, tastes great, non-GMO and is all natural? Well done! But what if it’s also designed for dietary plans such as Paleo, Bulletproof, Zone, Atkins, South Beach, Low Carb, Slow Carb, and Virgin diet?
I think you're starting to see our point.
GRASS FED, GRASS FINISHED, NON-GMO, 100% ORGANIC WHEY PROTEIN
SWAT Fuel came up with a supplement that provides all your protein needs! If you work out regularly, you’ve probably heard of SWAT Fuel from a couple of fellow gym rats, or from the receptionist at the gym’s front desk. That’s because SWAT Fuel is known to provide THE BEST SUPPLEMENTS specially formulated for SWAT, military, fire, extreme athletes, bodybuilders, triathletes, rock climbers, surfers, etc.! SWAT Fuel products are designed to fuel the body of a warrior.
The SWAT Fuel 44 Magnum Protein Powder is made from grass fed, grass finished, non-GMO and 100% organic whey protein, imported from New Zealand and Australia. It also has natural egg protein, MCT oil, and 5 Grams of L-Glutamine. The whey is imported from New Zealand or Australia, because it is 100% hormone free. We went with a whey concentrate because during testing, the concentrate was better tolerated by the GI tract and test subjects reported better muscle recovery with that rather than isolate. It just worked better.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing about the SWAT Fuel 44 Magnum Recovery Protein drink is that it is made as an ALL NATURAL REAL FOOD and TASTES DELICIOUS. You can pronounce and understand all the ingredients and it is only made in small batches. SWAT Fuel does not add chemicals or preservatives to the 44 Magnum Recovery Protein. It's the best of both worlds. It's and easily absorbed protein recovery drink, but it's made from all real food.
SOLID 26 GRAMS OF PROTEIN + 5 GRAMS OF L-GLUTAMINE PER SERVING
We’re back to the benefits of protein powder. That’s right. We’re not done yet! With SWAT Fuel’s 44 Magnum Protein Powder, you infuse 26 grams of protein and another 5 grams of L-Glutamine, which immediately stops protein catabolism and promotes muscle growth and athletic performance.
The body can absorb a maximum of about 25-30 grams of protein at once. That's why the 44 Magnum Recovery Protein is dosed at 26 grams + 5 grams of L-Glutamine. This has tested to be optimal for recovery.
- 3 oz of turkey
- 3.3 oz steak
- 3.3 oz ground beef
- 8 medium shrimp
- ⅔ can of tuna
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3 cups cow’s milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 ¼ cup tofu
- 7 tsp. smooth peanut butter